Beginning in East Tirol in a paradise that enjoys a unique status throughout the Alps: the Hohe Tauern National Park. With 1,800 m² of pure nature, Austria's largest national park offers a fascinating variety of glaciers, impressive valleys, pristine forests, moors, and alpine meadows. Among the landmarks in the park are the unmistakable summits of the Großglockner and the Großvenediger with an elevation of over 3,000 m.
Awaiting you here is a unique world of plants and animals: along with rhododendrons and edelweiss, you will discover Alpine ibexes, griffon vultures, red deer, and marmots, and with a little luck, you might even see golden eagles, which were reintroduced to this area several years ago.
The 4-star Hotel Moarhof is an official partner of the Hohe Tauern National Park. As a guest of our hotel, you can enjoy select offers and extensive information about the variety of opportunities in the national park.
Our basic values:
- Products from Osttirol
- Seasonal and regional food with indication of origin
- Coffee with organic, fair trade or sustainability certificate
- Recycled paper throughout the house
- Eco-printing for advertising material
- Environmentally friendly cleaning agents
- Energy-saving light sources (LED)
- Water-saving fittings
- Waste avoidance
- Avoidance of disposable plastic and aluminium packaging
- Comprehensive waste separation
- Close cooperation with the Hohe Tauern National Park